Taste of the Quarter at the Tropicana
It’s a brand new week at TropicanaCasino.com. So for all of you Tropicana Online Casino players, that means a brand new set of bonuses. I know you can’t wait to find out what they are and how you can access the best of these promotions, so keep logging into this site for more news on that front. But first, in this column I want to tell you about another special promotion for today, Monday, August 21 only, not at Tropicana Online Casino, but at Tropicana Atlantic City.
10th Annual Taste of the Quarter: a Bonus for a Worthy Cause
You can play online every day, but this evening you’re especially encouraged to put down your laptop or cell phone for a few hours and savor a very special event at the Tropicana Atlantic City instead. For the 10th year in a row, this Atlantic City casino has partnered with United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey to raise money for needy families right here in Atlantic County.
Attending this event is a great way to connect with the community while helping to contribute to this worthy cause. And there’s an added bonus–a tremendous variety of delicious food from almost every restaurant and eatery in the Tropicana and an opportunity to taste all of it!
When and Where the Festivities Will Take Place
Taste of the Quarter is something your whole family will enjoy, gamblers and non-gamblers alike. The festivities start at 6 p.m. tonight and continue until 9 p.m., which will give you plenty of time to make the rounds of the different food stations. You will need it with more than 25 restaurants, eateries, and bars participating. City officials, local dignitaries, and members of the media will do the honors of serving you.
Unfortunately, because this is such a popular event, there are bound to be long lines. So wear comfortable shoes. Come early for the biggest selection of food and come hungry. There’s more than enough food for a complete dinner.
Where to Get Tickets for Taste of the Quarter
In order to sample the Taste of the Quarter offerings, you will need to purchase a ticket. The cost is $30 per person, 100% of which will be used by United Way to benefit needy Atlantic County residents. Tickets can be purchased through any of the following means:
- At the IMAX Box Office on the Third Floor of the Quarter
- Online at Ticketmaster.com
- Via phone at 1-800-745-3000
- At the United Way Atlantic County Office in Galloway
Ticketholders will be given a wristband which will identify you as a patron of the event. If you wish, after visiting some of the food stations, you can take a break to play in the casino, and then return for more food, drinks, and dessert later.
Participating Restaurants and Bars
Here is a list of all of the participating outlets and what they will be offering.
Located in the Quarter:
- A Dam Good Sports Bar: All-you-can-eat taco bar
- A Time for Wine: Cheese and crackers
- Broadway Burger Bar: Prime beef burgers and fries
- Carmine’s: Eggplant Parmigiana
- Classic Cakes: Assorted desserts
- Cube Libre: Ropa Vieja (shredded beef brisket, stewed with tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, and red wine)
- Godiva: Chocolate covered strawberries and mini salted caramel bars
- Golden Dynasty: Mandarin Orange Beef
- Mrs. Fields Cookies: Their famous fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, of course
- P.F. Chang’s: Spicy Chicken and Fried Rice
- Ri Ra Irish Pub: Irish potato cakes with sour cream and balsamic glaze
- The Palm: Bacon-wrapped scallops
- Starbucks: Freshly brewed coffee and banana bread
- Wet Willie’s: The Weak Willie (a virgin daiquiri)
- Zeytinia: Ham and cheese sandwich
Located in the Marketplace:
- A Dam Good Deli and Firewaters: Fresh fruit and veggies
- Boardwalk Favorites Ice Cream: Cake batter ice cream in mini waffle cones
- Casa Taco and Tequila Bar: Fish tacos made to order, guacamole, and Virgin Casa Margaritas
- Hooters: Boneless wings
- James Candy: “A small taste of the shore”
- Marketplace Express: Mini fruit tarts and hazelnut iced coffee
- Perry’s Pizza: Bite-size servings of Sicilian pizza
- Tony Luke’s: Cheesesteak with provolone cheese and broccoli rabe
Located in the South Tower
- Okatshe; Tsukemono (Japanese pickles)
- Olon: Shrimp ceviche
Located in the North Tower
- Chickie’s and Pete’s Crab House and Sports Bar: Mussels
- Il Verdi: Rigatoni Bolognese
That’s a lot of food for just $30! Where else can you get such a bargain and have fun contributing to a worthy cause at the same time?
More Bonuses: Cash Your Online Winnings, Convert Your Trop Points to Comp Dollars, Win More at the Casino and Reload Your Online Account
Of course, you will want to take advantage of your time in the casino to play your favorite games, too. If you have a Trop Advantage card, rather than convert your online Trop Points into bonus dollars, here’s what you can do instead. Combine your online Trop Points with the additional points earned in the casino in Atlantic City and redeem them in the casino to use as Comp Dollars. Comp Dollars are valid for 180 days and can be used just like cash on virtually any type of purchase in the property, including restaurants, lounges, shops, entertainment, and hotel rooms. To redeem your Comp Dollars, simply go to any comp machine on the casino floor or present your Trop Advantage card in the outlet where you will be using the comp.
The casino cashier’s cage is another place to keep in mind. Of course, that’s where you’ll be headed to cash your chips or slot vouchers before you go home, but you can also use the cashier to do other things. If you have extra money in your online account, you can convert it into cash. Or, if you’re lucky in the casino, instead of cashing all of your winnings when you’re ready to leave, you can use some of them to reload your online account.
If you can get to Atlantic City today, Taste of the Quarter is a once a year event you definitely shouldn’t miss. Even if your luck at the slots or tables isn’t great, you’ll go home feeling like a winner. You’ll have a great time, be well fed and very pleased with yourself knowing that, with your help, others in the community also won’t go hungry.